Healthy Workplace Solutions Pty Limited Suite 4, Level 10, 189 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (Tel) +61 02 9252 0266 (Fax) +61 02 8572 8240 Email: email@example.com Website: www.healthysleep.net.au
We are committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information that we collect from you and to complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
2. Purpose of collection
We collect your personal information, including your health information if applicable, primarily to enable us to provide you with products or services. We may also use this information to promote or market related products or services to you.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you require, or an appropriate level of service.
Sometimes, we may ask you to provide us with personal information about other individuals. If so, you must inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and advise them how to contact us.
3. Type of information collected
“Personal information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether or not the information is correct and not whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
The personal information that we collect includes:
- name, ACN or ABN, address, contact details, date of birth;
- payment details;
- financial institution account details;
- employment details; and
if applicable, health information which is a particular subset of personal information and means information or an opinion about:
- the health or a disability (at any time) of an individual; or
- an individual’s expressed wishes about the future provision of health services to him or her; or
- a health service provided or to be provided to an individual;
that is also personal information and includes:
- information about your interest in and use of our products, programs and services;
- details of your treating medical practitioners; and
- any other information you choose to provide us with.
We will usually collect your health information directly from you. Sometimes, we may need to collect information about you from a third party (such as a relative or another health service provider). We will only do this if you have consented for us to collect your information in this way or where it is not reasonable or practical for us to collect this information directly from you, such as where your health may be at risk and we need your personal information to provide you with emergency medical treatment.
4. Methods of collection
We will collect personal information directly from you when:
- you make an application for, or sign our agreement for, the provision of our products or services; and
- you request any information regarding our products or services in person, by phone or via the internet.
We will also collect your personal information from our franchisees when you have a sleep test or purchase a CPAP machine from them.
We also use other external service providers for the following purposes:
- for web hosting services for this website; and/or
- to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website’s effectiveness, for example online marketing activities.
We may collect cookies from you about your visit to our website to help us to improve our website. Cookies are small information files which are sent to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. For example, we may collect the time of your visit, whether you have visited our website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us and some geographical information. For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser
We may also use analytical web tools such as Google Analytics to collect visitor information for us to better understand how to improve our products and services for you. In addition to the session cookie, Google Analytics uses other data collection methods such as appending query strings to an image request. We store the data generated by Google Analytics securely and do not share it with third parties.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with the APPs set out in the Privacy Act.
We will not sell your personal information to any third party for commercial purposes.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity;
- providing you with our products or services;
- providing you with information in relation to the use of our products or services;
- administering and managing those products or services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- conducting appropriate checks for credit-worthiness;
- exercising any of our powers or performing our obligations under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth);
- promoting and marketing our products or services to you; and
- internal management purposes, complaint handling, planning, quality assurance and audit purposes.
We will not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes unless you have been given an opportunity to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications or unless you have otherwise consented to direct marketing. We will also ensure that you have the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further marketing material.
6. Disclosure to others
In providing our products or services, we may disclose your personal information to:
- government agencies;
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our related companies;
- a third party organisation, but only in relation to us providing products or services to you (so long as the third party agrees to keep that information confidential);
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
You can withdraw your consent to our disclosure of your personal information by advising us in writing at any time.
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone, other than as set out in this policy, unless:
- you authorise us to do so;
- your safety or the safety of others in the community is at risk; or
- we are required or permitted to do so by law.
7. Disclosure to overseas recipients
Our related entities and some of our service providers (including information technology service providers) may be located outside of Australia and, as a result, personal information collected and held by us may be transferred overseas. The countries in which these recipients may be located will vary from time to time, but may include France, India and the Philippines.
8. Storage of personal information
We may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
- in paper records; and/or
- in telephone recordings.
Where your personal information has been collected from our or your agent, or our service providers or franchisees, they may also hold copies of your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you.
We will store your personal information in a secure environment where it is protected by a combination of physical and technological measures. We have taken all reasonable steps to carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
You have a right to access your personal information. You may request details of your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer on 02 9252 0266 or firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Accuracy and corrections
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, then please contact our Privacy Officer on 02 9252 0266 or email@example.com
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is kept secure.
We may enter into arrangements with third parties to store data, including personal information we collect, outside of Australia. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third parties do not breach the APPs. The steps we will take may include ensuring the third party is bound by privacy protection obligations which are the same (or substantially the same) as those which bind us and requiring that the third party have information security measures approved by us.
12. Making a complaint
If you believe that we have interfered with your privacy in our handling of your personal information, you may contact or lodge a complaint with our Privacy Officer and, if not resolved to your satisfaction, with the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
13. Further information
14. Changes and current version